MacMail help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by meanie-apolis, Nov 14, 2007.

1. meanie-apolis macrumors newbie

in trying to send an email to multiple recipients - not to a formal set up group, but to multiple recipients' addresses i entered manually/one-at-a-time - upon hitting the send button, the message fails, and an error appears informing me that:

this message could not be delivered and will remain in your outbox until it can be delivered. this message couldn't be delivered because the SMTP host "[outgoingservername]" did not recognize any of the recipients.

i've tested my ability to send and receive mail from valid addresses (gmail and hotmail accounts) and am able to send and receive email. in the past, using everything from outlook to hotmail, if one was to enter ONE bad address in and amongst a group of 30 addresses, the message would send to 29 good recipients and a message would appear in the inbox informing one that the program could not send the message to the bad address.

this appears to be a situation where the program, macmail, is refusing to send the message to any of the valid addresses until the bad address is fixed. this seems like an absurdity to me, and i'm wondering if someone could either confirm this absurdity is just the way macmail rolls - or if there is a setting i need to adjust - or if there is a problem with either an outgoing email server/host server - or ???

i really appreciate it!

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I'm dredging up from my memory here, but I *think* I had this once when I was on Comcast. I seem to remember I had a typo in an email address to someone else on Comcast. I believe the Comcast SMTP server knew there was no such email address so it blocked me sending the email until I corrected it. If your 1 bad email address is on the same ISP as you, then you may be having the same problem.