MacMail not receiving all messages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by purpleinnej, Feb 8, 2010.

1. purpleinnej macrumors member

I'm brand new to the Mac world, so please excuse me if I'm missing something simple or if I don't give all the necessary information.

I'm using a MacBook Pro and running Mac OS X 10.5.6

I set up macmail and used it successfully for 2-3 days. All of a sudden I stopped receiving some of my emails. I didn't realize it for 2 days, since I was still receiving some emails. My husband mentioned sending me one I hadn't received, which is when I realized the problem. I checked my old machine which is still running Windows and Outlook and the messages were all there. I've looked through some forums, but can't find anyone with the same situation. It seems everyone is either receiving all or none.

I can't find a commonality between the messages I'm not receiving. I've tried Connection Doctor which reports everything is normal.

2. nigameash macrumors 6502

If you have your mail client setup using imap, the read mails will show up as read and perhaps you were missing out on those?

3. Buzz Bumble Guest

One possibility is that the Rules or Junk settings in Mail might be deleting mesages as they come in.

4. purpleinnej thread starter macrumors member

I don't know what imap is. But mail in Outlook wasn't "read". They were all "unread". And some showed up but some didn't on my mac.

I have no rules set up and there is nothing in my junk folder. Of the messages that DID show up on the mac, 2 went to the junk folder.