Macmail question..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Redsfan, May 3, 2015.

1. Redsfan macrumors regular

K, will try to explain this. Our email addresses name is something like Smith Family. When sending an email to anybody the email comes in from Smith Family, however, in the body of the email if somebody goes to add our contact the name changes to "Home" it does not stay as Smith Family. I believe this might be because we set up our home email address in contacts un home option for email, so this could be why it comes up? I have deleted the contact in order to stop this from happening but it still does, so when anybody adds our contact it does not say our family name, just home..

Hope this makes sense...

2. aaagat111 macrumors regular

aaagat111

I believe the "Full Name" property in Mac Mail is what gets displayed for others.

If you go to your mail preferences, Mail -- > Preferences (or command+','), and go to the 'Accounts' tab you should see the "Full Name" field. What does it currently display as?

I would try and set it up like the following (obviously Gmail is just what I use).

[​IMG]

3. Redsfan thread starter macrumors regular

yeah we have the settings correct, however, in the body body of the message it says From: Home, not Smith Family so when added as a contact it only shows Home..weird and aggravating.

4. aaagat111 macrumors regular

aaagat111

And you are sure the computer/device you are receiving the message on doesn't have that email as a contact either in the address book or in a 'previous recipients' log, changing the display name to 'Home' there? Just trying to think of possibilities.

Also, in Address Book, does the 'Smith Family' contact card have a little 'person' or 'me' indicator next to it? It should.

5. Redsfan thread starter macrumors regular

Do you mean the pc of whoever we are/have sent emails to having Home listed as a contact? I am sure they might from the past. To test this I just send emails to ourselves/another Mac in the house and it happens. On another Mac in the house I had Home as the contact and deleted the contact, and it shows Smith Family as the sender but again in the body of the email (navigation pane) it says Home (aka. where the star is).

No, I don't see a little person or me next to the contact card in our address book on our Mac.