macmall/clubmac recommended?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wabbits, Feb 27, 2009.

1. wabbits macrumors newbie

MacMall and ClubMac seem to have the cheapest deals on macbook pros, or at least they have some older models laying around that are cheaper that the current unibody ones. I´m considering purchasing one and flying up from Colombia to Miami to pick it up (it´s cheaper to fly from colombia to miami than it is to buy it down here). My concern is that i´ve read a lot of negative reviews (resellerratings.com/shopping.com), especially in terms of shipping delays. I can´t afford to sit around for weeks in a hotel and changing my flight in the event that these guys don´t have their sh*t together.

Would i be better off paying $100-200 more from a merchant that has a better reputation? thanks

2. gilesrulz macrumors member

I think that'd be a roll of the dice personally. I've never had great luck with either reseller. One option is that you could order from them, and if they don't deliver on time, buy at one of the three apple stores down here, and refuse shipment on the other one.

One thing you should know is that you won't have a warranty at all if you buy here (unless you plan to fly back here for repairs).

3. jon08 macrumors 65816

When I ordered my MBP from MacMall I was really happy with their service - it arrived within 1 day.

4. glennk macrumors newbie

Just received my MBP from ClubMac with the extra 3% discount. Paid 1712 for the MB470LL/A. Albeit, ClubMac just lowered its price and you can get it for 1698 now.