macmall.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dmyrick, Sep 3, 2007.

1. dmyrick macrumors newbie

Has anybody purchased a mac from this site? I'm considering buying 2 macs and I like that they have 6 months no interest.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

It's an alright site to buy from, but some have reported serious issues with customer service.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Don't think I've bought anything from them yet, but they are reputable.

4. tennismanclay macrumors regular

tennismanclay

Our family has bought 2 computers and 4 ipods from this site. When i ordered my macbook from here i got the 100 dollar rebate plus i got it here in 2 days when i bought 5 to 7 day shipping. I also got rebates on a nice bag, windows xp and parallels desktop. They did a great job on everything, the emailed all of the rebates to us, shipped it very fast, support was great via phone and email.

Great buy i would highly recommend them.

-Clay

5. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I have used them a few times with no problems to this point to report on...

6. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I have done business with them in the past and they were fine, but I prefer to use macconnection.com as they have better shipping prices.

7. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I don't know if their tactics have changed but a former roomate of mine had ordered an iMac G4 through them back in 2002. His mom made the order and purchased a warranty with it. When it came time for repairs he found out that the warranty they sold her was their own not Applecare.

There was never any mention to her that Applecare was something different or available. She spent over $200 for an in house warranty with 2 years of coverage. I consider these kinds of business practices to be deceptive she thought she had purchased Applecare, the sales rep never clarified that the warranty was in house.

Edit: I also forgot to mention repairs took 3-4 weeks on average.

8. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

I have purchased a few things from them over the past 3 years or so, no problems that I can recall :)

9. Lucky13 macrumors newbie

Unless things have changed, keep in mind that they accept NO returns on :apple: products.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Personally I would love to know how well they perform but when they failed to honor their online price and informed me they had enough customers that would buy from them even if I won't, I simply found no reason to shop with them.