MacMall Employee Discount - Up to 38% off Instantly on all Apple Products.

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
Well it looks like MacMall is now doing the employee discount on all Apple products.

* Offer is not valid on special orders, or Configure-to-Order, or Build-to-Order systems
* Offer valid on in stock items only.
* Offer valid at MacMall and retail locations only. Offer is not valid at PC Mall.com
* Offer includes APPLE branded products only.
* Offer is not valid on purchase of AppleCare Protection Plan
* Offer may not be combined with any other rebates, promotions or discounts.
* All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
* Items will be priced at checkout when placed in basket based on employee pricing.
* Customers who wish to take advantage of other merchandised MacMall promotions, such as Free Shipping after rebate, Free Camera after rebate or Free Carrying Case, in lieu of the pricing discounts offered with this program, will need to call 1-800-622-6255 and request those promotions at the original, pre-discounted price.
* If the regular MacMall price is lower than MacMall employee pricing, customer will receive the lower price.
http://www.macmall.com/macmall/promotions/custom.asp?p=terms&WTReferer=http://www.macmall.com/&wt.mc_id=8923

FlamDrag

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2003
Western Hemisphere
From what I could find, it looks like $100-$200 off Max on certain items. I couldn't find a single item that came close to 38% off. Clearly not everything is 38% off (nor do they claim so), but I was hoping to find something as an irresistable deal.

Anyone?

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
I hate these types of promotions...

...because instead of showing you the price up front, you have to jump through their hoops of going through their "Shopping Cart" and "Checkout" before you actually see what the price is.

For the PB notebook I was looking for, MacMall was a whopping $5 cheaper than Apple's undiscounted website price, which meant that any of Apple's discount categories (student, employee, etc) beat MacMall by a hundred bucks.

Result? "No Sale" to MacMall.

BTW, I did learn that they also attempt to sell you various "Add-On's" at virtually every step. Just works out to YA "better customer experience" from Apple's own website...

-hh

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
useless

i found less than 5% savings. buy at amazon and enjoy tax free and a $150 off or similar.

this is a "lure you into buying expensive stuff" promotion. nothing more.

i will remember not to buy from macmall in the future.

sw1tcher

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
If this is a MacMall employee discount sale, then their employees don't get much of a discount.

12" PB with SD = $1663.47
15" PB with combo = $1914.64
15" PB with SD = $2202.00

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yeah, the 12" SD PB was the first thing I tried too, and I was somewhat less than impressed.... Hard to imagine an employee discount price that's more than $250 more than the student discount! :eek: :(