MacMall Experience?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PatMack, Nov 6, 2007.

1. PatMack macrumors member

Hi,

I am about to make a rather hefty purchase from MacMall, and i just wanted to get some feedback on them. Is there any discernible difference between something from them or from the Apple store?

I am buying this for a rather picky friend, and I would prefer for him to think it came from Apple. The packaging, etc is all the same, correct?

Finally, how are they with fulfilling their rebates?

Thanks!

2. sportsnut macrumors regular

Many people FAlL to read the fine print about not being able to return apple computers to MacMall for any reason. I would not risk losing a friend just in case one arrives with issues.

3. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

under NO circumstances can you return any apple product to macmall. Don't waste your time or money or friendship. Just make ur friend buy it on his own if that's the case.

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Agreed with everyone here. I ordered my Apple iMac from them and didn't see the fine print, not that I've had problems with it thankfully.

My rebates are currently in 'received' mode, on their page.. which means they atleast acknowledged they got them.. none got rejected it seems.

To answer your other question, yes it was all in retail Apple packaging.

5. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

My dad has always had good luck with them, BUT he always buys his computers from Apple, and gets software, printers, speakers, etc. from MacMall.:apple: