MacMall hold music haunting and wonderful...what is it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wildonrio, Dec 29, 2013.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

I know it's off topic, but I was just on hold there buying an iPhone and was reminded at how much I love the hold music. There were no words or I would have googled it, and I couldn't shazam it since I was on my phone. The rep was clueless as well (I don't blame her). It's always the same song every time I've called for years. Does anyone know what it is?

To hear it, call (800) 622-6255 and ask to be put on hold. :)

2. scaredpoet, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013

scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Well, I called MacMall but didn't really have the guts to specifically ask to be put on hold. :p

But... could it be this song? Two segments of this song were loaded into a lot of call center phone systems as the default hold music back in the early 2000s. Some call centers will have a portion starting around 1:35 into the song, and the others will have a segment from around 3:50.

3. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for helping. That wasn't the song unfortunately but I'm glad you're also interested in this. Thinking about calling back and using my iPad to shazam it! Like you, I'm a little nervous to ask to be put on hold though...

4. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

I'm sure they will enjoy this story. Go ahead and explain it to them. It should them a laugh at the office.

5. matttye macrumors 601

Just call and then say, "I'm really sorry, someone's just knocked on my door, could you put me on hold for a second please."

6. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

this has me interested...I have no idea but a neat topic to bring up.