Macmall inventory question

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BBB3000, Jul 5, 2012.

1. BBB3000 macrumors newbie

I plan on buying a new 2011 macbook air from macmall. right now they have a pretty good price, but they said the will only sell the 2011 models until they run out of stock. Does anyone know how long macmall usually carries the previous year models? Is this something I should buy ASAP or will have a few weeks/months to make my decision?

2. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

No one here can answer this question.

Simple common sense would dictate if you want a 2011 MBA, buy it now. Since Apple is not making them any longer, your guess is as good as anyone else's for how much inventory MacMall has.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's no way to tell, too many variables like how many 2011 laptops they had in stock when apple stopped shipping them new ones. How fast people are buying them over the 2012 models.

If you want one, then order one as soon as you can, so you don't miss out.

4. BBB3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies. i guess i should have asked if anyone observed what the trends were the last few years?

5. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

What trends? It's not like people report here when they are successful/unsuccessful buying the previous MBA version from retailers.

6. Fontane macrumors regular

BBB3000, as kodeman53 so crassly stated, there is obviously no guaranteed availability, but since I think you probably know that and are looking for our best guess based on our experience with Apple products, I can tell you from my experience that the 2010 model was available on macmall, amazon and apple refurb for at least three months after the 2011 was released. Good luck!

7. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

In response to Fontane's condescending comments, suggesting someone 'navigate by their wake' is very poor advice.

In other words, just because MacMall and Amazon have had previous MBAs for a minimum of 3 months after the announcement of a replacement model has zero relationship to how long they will have 2011 models.

The best advice to the OP is; If you want a 2011 model, from a retailer like MacMall, Amazon or Apple, buy it now.