Macmall is being honest about the ship date

gopher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2002
1,474
0
Maryland, USA
I preordered Macmall on March 25th. They expect Tiger will ship between May and June.

Looks like Think Secret was baited.
 

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
782
1
Indianapolis, IN
gopher said:
I preordered Macmall on March 25th. They expect Tiger will ship between May and June.

Looks like Think Secret was baited.
Since retailers (online or otherwise) are not told when it will ship, why would MacMall's date be any better than anyone else's? You aren't implying that Apple tells these people when it will ship, are you? The people at Apple's own retail stores don't even have a general timeframe, except for what we were all given.. first half of 2005.
 

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
1,097
0
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
IndyGopher said:
Since retailers (online or otherwise) are not told when it will ship, why would MacMall's date be any better than anyone else's? You aren't implying that Apple tells these people when it will ship, are you? The people at Apple's own retail stores don't even have a general timeframe, except for what we were all given.. first half of 2005.
Maybe gopher was just saying that they think macmall is just being more realistic.
 

Timelessblur

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
1,086
0
well it not like they can be wrong since if Tiger ships in July it is late. Apple stated it would be ship first half of 2005 which end june 30. So they just BSing you since it not going to ship in april thier really not enough time left in it.
 

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
19,239
4
Timelessblur said:
well it not like they can be wrong since if Tiger ships in July it is late. Apple stated it would be ship first half of 2005 which end june 30. So they just BSing you since it not going to ship in april thier really not enough time left in it.
exactly, they are just covering their butts thats all, im sure they will ship sooner if it is released by the end of this month as that analyst was predicting, but im holding off for an early may release myself....dont know why though
 

Similar threads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.