MacMall just posted new Mac Pro

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Of course there is a big disadvantage: if you get a DOA machine enduring root canal therapy is more plesant they trying to get them to take the unit back and send you a replacement. Usually they will just send you to Apple and Apple will only agree to repair, not replace the machine. Huge PITA for a machine you never even used.

Of course this is the policy of most of the Internet/catalog stores. I think Amazon might be one of the few that does happily exchange DOA machines.

cohen777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I have been buying stuff from Macmall for years (maybe a decade) and have never had a problem. They are very good about returns.

cohen777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
They have a configuration page. However, right now they don't have an option for the ATI-5870. I called about this and they said they should have that option available as soon as they get stock.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I have been buying stuff from Macmall for years (maybe a decade) and have never had a problem. They are very good about returns.
Consider yourself lucky then. I once rec'd a DOA MP and tried to get it exchanged. They loved to parrot their no returns on Apple products policy (including DOA) posted on their site. PITA but learned my lesson. I only buy Apple prods. from Apple and Amazon now just for piece of mind.

cohen777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I am surprised they would not allow a return on a defective product. Was their explanation on a return of a defective product completely that their policy doesn't allow the return of Apple products?

Jaxdialation

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Thanks for the heads up. For me tax is about $280 on a $4,000 machine. That's a couple of nice hard drives.

Consider yourself lucky then. I once rec'd a DOA MP and tried to get it exchanged. They loved to parrot their no returns on Apple products policy (including DOA) posted on their site. PITA but learned my lesson. I only buy Apple prods. from Apple and Amazon now just for piece of mind.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I am surprised they would not allow a return on a defective product. Was their explanation on a return of a defective product completely that their policy doesn't allow the return of Apple products?
Yes. They pointed out in the "fine print" that they don't accept returns for Apple products, even DOA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.