macmall MBP 15" rebate offers!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shyam09, Dec 2, 2010.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

so i was looking at macmall's rebate offers and had some quick questions, you can qualify for more than one rebate right? or are you limited?
    like i can buy the printer and get the Parallels Desktop 6. free as rebates right?

also does anyone know what gift you get for the "Holiday Grab Bag Promotion: Call 24x7 To Get Choice of Free Gift With Any Mac System Purchased Via Phone "

2. VespaMatt macrumors member

I just got a MacBook Air when they were announced and I have to warn you that the rebates may be more hassle than they're worth. I meticulously sent in my rebates for both Paralells and an HP printer days after receiving them from MacMall. I also defended MacMall on the Air forums and talked about what a great experience I had vs several people who had a sour one. Everything was great until...

Right off the bat I got three letters all denying my rebates saying they didn't meet criteria. This makes no sense since they are rebates THEY pulled up for my order. I call up and wait on hold... as soon as I tell the customer service rep she says no problem, they are all approved. No discussion, no argument, nothing. It seems to me like they just blanket reject all rebate requests.

Now I have two rebates which are 'processing' but the $20 one for Paralells is still listed as denied. I called on a saturday, waited on hold again, and when I got through got the same response - no problem, a manager will override it on monday. No discussion as to why it was denied.

Wednesday comes and the $20 rebate is still listed as denied. I call up, wait on hold, and get a customer service rep who says no problem. I tell her thats what the last one said but it hasn't been fixed. I try to explain what I've gone through and she keeps sighing like I'm annoying her and then tries to talk over me the whole time. Finally she says that the manager 'manually' approved it and that I won't see it change on my screen to being sent out, but it is.

I've been waiting a month for my rebates now and its past when the first call said I should have received them. The only rebate I've gotten is the $40 one from HP, which I sent directly to them. The three MacMall rebates I have no idea. I sent an e-mail to the MacMall customer service after the rude treatment on my last call but they never replied either.

So yeah, great experience buying the laptop and I got a good discount but the rebates have been a nightmare.

3. spmiz12 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

That's great, I just ordered from them earlier today..... Is this an isolated events are pretty wide spread....

4. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

It's not unusual to have to fight a little to get a rebate...the key is to keep records for everything.

I once didnt get a rebate from DELL and was able to return the unit way pass the regular period of time because of that fact.

5. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68000

shyam09

but if i get a rebate from apple.com directly, its much safer and better right?