MacMall or Apple STORE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by techguy40, Mar 2, 2008.

1. techguy40 macrumors regular

Where is the best place to buy the new MacBook Pro at? Apple Store or MacMAll?

Seems like at www.macmall.com you get a $150.00 rebate, free desktop paralllel 3.0 and free Epson Stylus Printer and free shipping.

2. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

I've not shopped with macmall, but the online reviews I found were bad enough to keep me at apple.com :confused:

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Be sure and check the return policy if you use MacMall. A thread a few months ago was complaining about not being able to return a computer there.

4. AndyFL macrumors regular

Second that, no firsthand experience with MacMall, and based on the comments I've seen lately (re: their return policy or lack thereof, and people chasing rebates forever) -- I won't ever have a MacMall experience! Go with the Apple Store.

5. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I've heard both good and bad reviews about MacMall. I always go through Amazon whenever I can, but of course they don't have the new laptops yet. I would check out MacConnection, call in to see if they have your model in stock. But again, I've heard and read both good and bad things about MacMall.

The only issue with the Apple Store is you'll end up paying about $400 more with the extra cost and tax. That's a lot of money

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

MacMall is great. Sure they get bad reviews, but I have bought with them. Fast shipping, no tax, rebates...cheaper than Apple. Just read the return policy. If there is something wrong, call Apple, not MacMall.

7. techguy40 thread starter macrumors regular

So if anything is wrong, I can go to an apple store and they will have me under their records in case there is something wrong with the macbook pro?

I don't have to worry about shipping because there is a macmall store by my area. I can walk in.

8. MadBryan macrumors newbie

I just ordered a Macbook Pro from MacMall. Should be here Monday and I'll post if they do me dirty (oh I'll post alright :D )

9. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

10. tip macrumors 6502

tip

Yeah, same goes with Amazon - there's a lot of bad reviews, but a lot of positive experiences as well. My MBP was purchased through Amazon and I have no regrets.

11. clin86 macrumors regular

one thing bad about amazon, is they ship it directly in the macbook pro box without another box. I think its risky since it can get lost in the mail

12. tip macrumors 6502

tip

That's odd, since mine was shipped within another box. *Shrug*

13. lekun macrumors regular

Yeah I don't think that is normal as my black macbook box was in another box, which was in another box. Overkill.

I like buying from Apple, but Amazon has great return policy (much better than Apple's) and you usually can avoid tax and get a rebate. Why bother with MacMall?

14. Lyshen macrumors 6502

I purchased through Apple. Part of the reason was because if I had something defective, ie yellow tint on screen or anything else, I could take it back same day and get it exchanged... versus shipping to Amazon or MacMall. Other reason, qualify for discount. :)

Worked out well for me, because I took my MBP back twice. Currently on my 3rd one and it looks promising now.

15. clin86 macrumors regular

when i ordered from amazon, the imac was shipped in the same box. i guess they couldnt find a big enough box for the imac.

16. MadBryan macrumors newbie

I recieved my MacBook Pro and Parallels and Epson printer from MacMall today. I'm doing the updates right now. No hassles here but I'm gonna tackle the rebates tomarrow so they could still let me down.

17. Ant1-Hero macrumors regular

Ant1-Hero

i work for macmall, its a pretty good company, dont know why they had problems with returns

18. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

19. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Same here. Rebates came in 4 weeks, too.

20. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

I've only had bad experiences with MacMall. I'll never shop there again.

21. techguy40 thread starter macrumors regular

I ended up buying my brand new macbook pro at the apple store.

Just felt more comfortable at the apple store then I did at the Mac Mall store nearby.