MacMall or B&H Photo for easy return?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nph, May 10, 2012.

1. nph macrumors 6502a

I am about to order a 3rd gen iPad. Have 1st gen and am a fan but reading all the stories about the screens I want to order from a place with good return policy.
    Given that what would you recommend?

Btw an interesting observation of optical illusion. I was in the Apple store looking at iPhone 4S and realized that if you have a white one it creates less of a contrast so no matter which phone I picked actually, 4 or 4S and had a white next to a black one, the screen with icons always looked better with the black frame. Nothing wrong with the screens so I believe the black frame on the black iPhone helps the human eye to see a bigger contrast on that screen.

Anyone else noticed the same thing?

2. chazmink macrumors member

My experience is that B&H is easier to deal with.

I agree that the black border makes the screen "present" better. A friend who is a retired senior VP with Sony once told me that the tv manufacturers figured that out a long time ago.

3. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

B&H 100%. I had to return mine. One call, 1 minute later had the return label. Only question asked of me was "can we send you a replacement if you are having problems with it?" Had my credit 3 days after they received it with an update email from them at every step of the way.

A1 top notch company.

4. Supacali macrumors newbie

I had the same issue when i ordered an ipad 3 at b&h. I was given the advice of just returning the ipad to a brick & mortar store nearby, if in case there was a problem within the 14 day period. Apparently you can do that, but i was lucky i got mine, 64g wifi, without any single issue, and i consider myself somewhat of an ocd.

5. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

Years ago, I had problems with a return with Mac Mall. I've not dealt with them since.