MacMall or Micro Center

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macthismacthat, Feb 7, 2011.

1. macthismacthat macrumors member

macthismacthat

Hi guys,

I want to ask about a personal feedback on shopping experience. Which one is better:

1.MacMall or;
    2.Micro Center.

Mind you.....I'm not interested in the discounts so much. I know that MacMall has smaller discounts on percentage (%) but it's ok. The thing is there is a lot of negative feedback on Micro Center. Please advise. Thank you.

Regards :)

2. dqpassat macrumors regular

Not much experience with MacMall. But I've bought several macs at MicroCenter in Orange County. I've gotten good deals there, but I find the staff lacking in "friendliness". Last time I bought an imac there the sales guy insisted that I buy applecare for it. When I told him I had a year to purchase it, he said he "wouldn't buy a mac without buying applecare for it". And because it was a close out model, he said "I had to buy it now." He said the 1-year window did not apply to close out models, which to my knowledge is incorrect.

Overall I was very happy with the deal I got, but thought the salesman was a total a**hole!

A few weeks ago I went in just to look around and another mac salesman gave me the same "unfriendly" service when I asked him a couple of questions.

3. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

I have purchased from Microcenter Dallas. Got the 13" MBP for $999, easy shopping experience.

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

LOL how weird. i also went to the microcenter in Orange County and the people were extremely friendly. My mom asked if she could get a discount or something OFF of the already discounted MBP and the guy was like "sure! all you have to do is become a member and we will give you 5% off as well as a FREE 4GB SD Card or USBdrive."

haha maybe bad day for you, good day for me?!

5. macthismacthat thread starter macrumors member

macthismacthat

Has anyone purchased a Mac from the Microcenter store in Chicago??