MacMall Rebate and In-Stock Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jstew17, Mar 1, 2008.

1. jstew17 macrumors newbie

I ordered a (Penryn) Macbook Pro recently and it is now on backorder as expected. In addition to the order, I purchased the parallel desktop software (considering it was free with rebates). I recieved the software yesterday and was wondering if I should wait until the Macbook Pro ships before I send for my rebate on the parallel software since such rebates are pending on the system purchase? Has anyone had experience with this in the past?

It would be a no brainer to wait for the system shipment, but the software's rebate deadlines make me urgent to send for the rebates as soon as possible.

Does anyone have a guess as to when the Macbook pro's will be in stock and shipping at macmall (or any retailer aside from apple stores)?

2. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

If you don't require any documentation from the MBP for the refund I would sent it in now. You never know when the MBP will come in stock AND be shipped to you. It could be a week to several. Also, the longer you wait the more likely you'll forget :)

3. jstew17 thread starter macrumors newbie

The rebate requires the dated sales receipt or online invoice and the proof of purchase from the box. The sales receipt at purchase does not show that the macbook pro is backordered but the invoice does.

4. jstew17 thread starter macrumors newbie

If anyone was interested in this question I now know the answer. You need to wait for the Macbook pro to arrive in order to send for the rebate. If the shipment date or arrival date does not agree with the rebate then macmall will suposedly work the details out. Just be patient and as soon as the Macbook Pro arrives deal with everything at that time.