macmall... seems like i got screwed.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gsvar2004, Feb 14, 2012.

1. gsvar2004 macrumors member

i went to order a early 2011 13" macbook pro which was listed at 1199.00 for the 2.7 g then when i added it to my cart it showed 1349.00. So i chatted with the representitive at which point they found and fixed there mistake and claimed they couldnt see what i was talking about. however i was cleaver enough to take a screen shot.

anyone have any experience with mac mall?

2. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I have been looking at their "Blowout Sale" and I noticed Monday morning the prices dropped another $50, and today they went back up $50. But the header still says up to $699 were it is back to $649.

Other than that no experience. I have read they can be brutal to talk to, that must be why they offer you $100 gift card to place the order by phone :D

3. gsvar2004 thread starter macrumors member

with regards to the gift card i got the same offer but it wasnt a macmall gift card it was the 100 dollar resturant.com gc which for my area is ****.

4. tarponbeach macrumors member

Same thing happened to me. I originally went to MacMall through an ad on Appleinsider, which showed the correct price.

Later, when I went back to order, I went directly to MacMall.com, and the price was higher.

I called, and they explained that you must go through a portal site that they advertise on to get their shopping cart to recognize the advertised price, which is what I finally did, and the price was correct.