MacMall vs Apple Store for MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jadAce, Aug 10, 2013.

1. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

Hi everyone,
    So I just bought a MacBook Air (13 inch) from the Apple Store (so it's still under the 14 day return). But I noticed that MacMall was selling a stronger config for about ~$150 less (plus a "gift pack" that was "worth $160" or something).
    Can anyone tell me about their experiences with buying from MacMall? Are you satisfied with the Mac you bought from them, or did it have problems?
    Any issues I should know about when buying from them?
    Thanks!

2. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I haven't purchased from Mac Mall before, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

3. Daud macrumors regular

Well the gift-pack likely has a so called $100 Restaurant.com certificate, not woth much.
    But, I buy from them at least once a year and never had a problem. My biggest score was a 2.93GHz iMac 27" for $1260 (open box).
    When you go to them through appleinsider website, e.g. the basic MBA 13" is 1031 instead of 1100plus tax from Apple store.

4. bdrake47 macrumors regular

MacMall is great!

Have purchased 2 MBPs, 3 MBAs, 5 iPads, and 1 Mini from them.

My company has also purchased 20 MBPs, and 35 iPhones at my recommendation. Their business purchase associates are awesome!

Have recommended them happily to many colleagues as well.

Originally started buying from them several years ago as the only option available as we work overseas and Apple will not ship to APO addresses. MacMall does. Apple now has some hokey 3rd party shipper nonsense which just results in more delays and extra charges. I would love to buy direct from Apple sometimes, but MacMall does just fine.

Pricing is usually about the same as Apple Store or anywhere else, no huge discounts or anything, but they do have specials sometimes, or can make offer adjustments if you are repeat customer.

Really, the only thing I don't like about MacMall is some of their email ads that push Android/Samesung and Windoze junk, fortunately, not too often, they keep most of that on the other side (PCMall).

If you see a better deal at MacMall on a better config at a lower price, go for it with confidence. Just check specs closely, their prices are usually only within a few dollars of Apple, not hundreds.

5. jadAce thread starter macrumors regular

jadAce

Thank you for all of the advice. Any notable/positive/negative experiences with returns?