MacMall vs. Apple Store: Returns

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cursor, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

Hello all,

I'm interested in buying the new Macbook Pro Retina. Currently MacMall would have the best deal, since I'd avoid the 6% sales tax (which would be significant) from my local Apple Store.

My question is, if the screen has the yellow tint that happens with Apple laptops every once in a while, or if anything is wrong with it, would I be able to exchange it at my local Apple store, or would I have to ship it back to MacMall? I plan to buy Apple Care with it.

Has anybody dealt with a problem like this before?

Thanks for any help.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The Apple Warranty and AppleCare are honored, regardless of where you buy your Mac.

3. Cursor thread starter macrumors 6502

Cursor

That's great to hear. This'll be my first laptop, Apple Care purchase and new Mac in 4-5 years.

Thanks for the help!

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Enjoy your new MBP!

5. derrranged macrumors member

There has never been a retina display Mac before. There is no basis for the "yellow tint" fear.

----------

Not necessarily true. Re read apple care terms

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I have read the terms many times. And yes, it is true.

7. derrranged macrumors member

6.2 Apple reserves the right to change the method by which Apple may provide repair or replacement service to you, and your Covered Equipment’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Covered Equipment cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the country of purchase, you will comply with all
    applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. For international service, Apple may repair or exchange defective products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As I said, I've read that many times. Nowhere does it indicate or suggest that the warranty or AppleCare would not be honored; only that the method of providing service may vary. My statement is 100% factual:

The Apple Warranty and AppleCare are honored, regardless of where you buy your Mac.

You've just joined this forum today and while we welcome your participation, you've already posted misinformation in at least a couple threads that I've seen. I encourage you to take the time to learn the facts before you post, so you don't mislead people who come here looking for help.