macmall?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daesup45, Jan 23, 2009.

1. daesup45 macrumors member

2. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I bought my first MBP from them and they were great. I wish the free shipping wasn't via rebate but other than that no complaints. I took advantage of a bunch of free/cheap after rebate deals and got all the checks in the mail in about six weeks but I spent over an hour filling out all the forms.

3. OmahaGTP macrumors member

They get a big ol' thumbs up from me. Purchased a MBP in November. Shipped that same day.

Sent in for the $150 rebate on Dec. 20th, and got it in the mail last week. :D

4. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Their sale that's going on now with the 3% AI discount ends this month correct? Good prices.

5. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

nice. i haven't seen $100 rebates on new models besides amazon.com
    just make sure you don't like in a state where they charge sales tax. that would wipe out the rebate and then some.

6. bthom70 macrumors member

I'll give another favorable review.
    I just received my unibody MBP 2.4 and love it.
    Spent several hours last night changing the HDD, installing apps and copying my stuff from my old G4 Powerbook.
    Will spend even more time this weekend completing the app installs.

I also ordered Parallels and Fusion to install, with the rebates although tedious they can be worth it.
    my 2cents.

I also ordered a 2gen iPod Touch as a gift for Christmas and had it in 2 days.
    Nothing but good things to say about MacMall.

7. daesup45 thread starter macrumors member

i was thinking about getting the adc discount and i checked the price with the discount 2.5 was 1999 and 2.8 was 2239. so i think that is the better value right? if i am able to get 2239 for the 2.8 i think im going to go for that or should i just stick with 2.5

8. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

Was looking at them, but am apparently in one of the states where they charge sales tax (TX). Sigh....

Tom B.

9. nph macrumors 6502a

I dont think so. Only CA as far as I know. What makes you think TX would require sales tax?

10. StudioGuy macrumors regular

StudioGuy

I actually couldn't get the macrumors 3% code to work online, but they showed the promotion on the macmall macbook pro webpage, so a phone call to order it got me the discount. They actually dropped the price on the entry aluminum that day (and I got it) to $1849, before $100 rebate. Was $1899 when I called.

Final price was $1793.52, before the $100 rebate - so $1693.52 will be my final cost.
    Much better than the education discount we were allowed.

A few nice promotional free stuff too, if one is inclined to fill out all those papers.

Although I think the 3% is over now (?), $1749 after rebate is still a good discount I think.

11. jon08 macrumors 65816

I got my Penryn 2.5 Ghz MBP from MacMall last month...fast shipping, MBP arrived flawless, no problems... I think they got best prices!