MacMall's scummy attempt at an upsell!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thewired1, Nov 16, 2015.

1. thewired1 macrumors member

I "preordered" an iPad Pro 128gb (space gray / NON-LTE) last weekend knowing full well it would not be a "day one delivery" but I was interested in tax free and $12 off. The site said MID-NOVEMBER delivery and my confirmation email said similar. Once the dates start bouncing back and fourth I reached out to MacMall via their messenger and they assured me that their delivery would arrive on a SUNDAY (11/15/15) with customer delivery the following week. Well... over the weekend I get another email that it's bumped to MID-DECEMBER! A little upset about that I reach out to them again and asked for free upgraded shipping since it was sold to me with a MID-NOVEMBER delivery and they changed it after I pre-ordered it. We went back and forth but they were sticking to this fantastic upsell...

"I could give you free overnight shipping if you will purchase also an Apple Care for your Ipad Pro."

He assured me that that was the best they could do.

YES... I know I could have purchased elsewhere.
    YES... I know I can cancel my order at anytime

BUT... This is simply POOR customer service. They made a promise and failed to deliver. The very least they could do is try to work with an upset customer without trying a cheesy-car-salesman-upsell tactic and try to get more money out of me with still NO GUARANTEE OF A DELIVERY DATE. ** No offense to car salesmen intended **

Just a heads up about my situation and buyers beware!!!

2. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Buying AppleCare+ may be worth it for the iPad and "free overnight shipping" is a fair amount of savings, so I find it a fair offer, not an upsell. Take it how you want, but I don't see the negative here unless you're just burning to have it this week and you don't want to pay upgraded shipping.

3. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

I think the OP has a valid complaint, he bought it on good faith that the delivery would be mid-November (which could be a 10 day window). Missing it by 4 weeks sounds like a missed promise rather than a slight delay.

4. thewired1 thread starter macrumors member

I was totally prepared for a minor delay... a week or two would be acceptable IMHO but what REALLY pissed me off is the attempt to get more money out of me. They wanted to sell me MORE but still couldn't confirm a delivery date. They had the ability to comp shipping but only at their benefit. That's poor customer service IMHO.

YES... Apple care might be a good idea but I usually shop around for it and not pay retail.