macmame

AudiGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
can someone tell me how to get this thing to work? i have no clue on whats going on in terminal. i dragged and dropped the macmame icon to terminal and it still doesnt work!

gonyr

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
Niagara County, NY
There's no need to do anything involving terminal with macmame. It's a great program, the only real difficulty is getting hold of roms without violating copyright laws. However, there are 2 or 3 that are readily available and legal. The macmame.org site has a great help page on it.

AudiGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
gonyr said:
There's no need to do anything involving terminal with macmame. It's a great program, the only real difficulty is getting hold of roms without violating copyright laws. However, there are 2 or 3 that are readily available and legal. The macmame.org site has a great help page on it.
oh yea that was advancemame. well when i click on the macmame icon nothing happens. the app wont even open!

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
MacMAME works just fine for me. Are you sure you have the right version, universal if you have a MacIntel? Or there is this little tidbit in the read-me, might be an issue.

Note: MacMAME now stores its data files in a user's home directory, in a folder named "MacMAME User Data" inside the user's Documents folder, not in the application's directory. For example, where previous versions of MacMAME stored the rom files in a folder named "ROMs" in the same folder as MacMAME, this version stores them in "/Users/yourusername/Documents/MacMAME User Data/ROMs". If you are upgrading from a previous version of MacMAME, you will need to move the directories containing rom files, screenshots, config files, marquees, and other data before this version of MacMAME will find them.