MacMini Airpot looses router password!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by drcyrus3d, May 28, 2009.

1. drcyrus3d macrumors newbie

I have a problem whenever i start up my mac mini it asks for the wlan password.

I a n00b at macs this is my first one but i have extended knowledge on windows. I looked up the advanced settings of the Airport but nothing regarding the password.

Besides this whenever i start it up it looses date and time settings, ressing back to some date in 2001.

Any ideas what is wrong?!

It was a present from a friend of mine last year and i already sent it back once because there was a hardware issue with the sound card?!

Thank you.

2. leavingwave macrumors newbie

sounds like the backup battery might be dead..

3. drcyrus3d thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought about that regarding the time and date.

But i don't think has any relevance in the WLAN password case. Do anybody have an idea what could go wrong? Is it an update issue or something?

I am pretty disappointed, i booted up this machine less then 20 times since i got it and i get so much grief.

:|

Thank you guys for your help, i will try not to give up!:cool:

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Have you added the network password to Keychain to allow your system to automatically log it in for you?

5. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Do a software update to see if there are any airport updates. If you have all of the updates or if you still get the same results after installing the updates, blow away your wireless settings for your network on the mini and set it up again. Chances are you have a typo in the password that's saved.

6. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Dead battery on the mobo causes a great number of weird side-effects. These include forgetting WLAN wifi password, reporting HD space as zero, not being able to mount external drives, etc etc.

I have a powerbook with the exact same issues.

7. drcyrus3d thread starter macrumors newbie

Guys i didn't do anything and it suddenly started working. :|

I don't get it! Maybe the battery got back to life after i left the mini mac started for more than 12 hours? I have no clue but now suddenly the hour and date is right and the wireless does not prompt me for a password.

I'll be back to this post in case that these problems reaper.

Thank you all for your effort in suggesting me a solution.