MacMini Bootcamp Windows - no wifi

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by heckofagator, Apr 22, 2018.

1. heckofagator macrumors newbie

I got windows up and running on our 2015 MacMini via Bootcamp, however, I have no wifi connection, so I can't do much. I assume I'm missing some sort of drivers for the Windows side, but haven't come up with much doing a search. Has anyone run into this?

The system did appear to detect the hardwired adapter but this just isn't practical in the room we're in.

The other thing that I have to mess with is that we are using a bluetooth keyboard and I had to bring in a USB wired keyboard in order for the Option/ALT key to be read to select the OS at boot. It appears the Bluetooth drivers don't get loaded quick enough in order to pick up the ALT key press.

2. chrfr macrumors 604

Did you download the Bootcamp drivers from Apple by using the Bootcamp assistant? If not, do that, and copy the drivers to a USB drive that's formatted in a way that Windows can read it, and then run the installer in Windows.

3. heckofagator, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018

heckofagator thread starter macrumors newbie

I did use the checkbox "download the latest windows support files from Apple" during the install process via the BC assistant.

Should I try to download those again just by themselves and see if I can use them in Windows somehow?

4. chrfr macrumors 604

It can't hurt to try.