MacMini PowerPC G4 and Samsung Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MacHuh?, Jan 1, 2015.

1. MacHuh? macrumors newbie

Hi,

Recently got an older MacMini PowerPC G4 and attached it to a new Samsung 27" monitor. Worked okay until...a few minutes into booting up the monitor starts to show static lines, then goes black and Analog/HDMI keeps flashing, and nothing I press or click brings back the screen. It may come back by itself but I really have no control over it. The mac is connected by a DVI to HDMI cable and this is the second cable I've tried with the same results. Wondering if a VGA cable would work because I can connect it that way as well.

Still, I would like to figure out what is going on. When I had the chance I switched it to not sleep in any regard because I thought that was the problem, but it didn't work. Something tells me it's a setting, that at some point the monitor or the mac become incompatible to due some inconsistency in settings between the mac and the monitor.

Any suggestions?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Do you have another computer to test the screen with? Has the Mac Mini worked correctly with other screens in the past?

3. weckart macrumors 68040

HDMI to DVI works but I have never heard of the reverse DVI into HDMI being recommended, even though both are in effect DVI signals. You usually scale protocols down into the monitor not up.