MacMini & RAID 0

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by JasonT87, Sep 3, 2016.

1. JasonT87 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. This is my first post but have been a long time forum follower. I have a problem that I would like an easy solution for.

I have a mid-2011 MacMini and since purchasing brand new, have upgraded the RAM and also have 2 Samsung 850 EVO 256gb in it.

Ever since I put the SSDs in it, it's always read the 2 SSD's separate. I finally decided I want to combine the 2 drives and RAID 0 it.

This is what I did. I backed up the computer via time machine to an external hdd. I downloaded OS X onto a separate hdd as a boot drive. I used the terminal to setup the RAID 0 and seems like it was a success. It reads as 1 512gb drive now.

Heres where it gets hairy. I have booted the system and used internet recovery to install OS X onto the RAID 0 drive now. That seemed successful. Now I am trying to restore the time machine backup onto the RAID 0 but have not had any luck. What am I doing wrong?

Please help me, I'm lost (or having a brain fart).

2. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

I don't think the RAID has anything to do with it. And I'll guess you are trying to do it through the Time machine interface? Try with the utility, Migration Assistant.

3. JasonT87 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is the screen I get after system restart...

Attached Files: