Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobyw7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Hitchin/Northampton, UK
Can anyone help me? I have recently had my 2012 MacBook in for repair. I used a 2006 MacMini with a TimeMachine restore of my MBP in the mean time.
I now have my laptop back and would like to carry on using that but have since made some changes to files etc on my Mac Mini. How do I merge the two?

I want to revert back from my MacMini to MBP. Can I restore the backup from my MacMini back? Is there any way to merge?

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Well you could use Migration assistant to move the TM backup of the Mac Mini back to the macbook pro.

tobyw7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Hitchin/Northampton, UK
Well you could use Migration assistant to move the TM backup of the Mac Mini back to the macbook pro.

Great shout, totally forgotten about that!

Check the "Move your content to a new Mac" Apple Support article, specifically the Migration Assistant sections.

Having read through, it seems to do all that well, but gets really thrown up about migrating mail accounts. Luckily all mine are IMAP so a matter of re-adding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.