macmsn, and other applications ceased to work.. please help??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jdosen, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jdosen macrumors newbie

recently my internet suppliers servers shutdown and there were some major internet issues (could not connect at all etc).. while this happened i fiddled around with some buttons to try to make it work.. and today the internet has come back on.. however now i cannot go onto msn (it comes up with a message saying im not connected to the internet, even though im visiting webpages, as fast as i used to).. and also some forms on websites do not work. i cannot use myspace pictures upload as nothing appears when i add a photo.. and i cannot use websites such as onlinepoker66 now.. just small things like that..... confusing i know but its the best way i can explain it... i dont know if it could be because of something ive changed in system preferences.. but somethings changed since the internet went down and it sucks :(

note: i can still use other instant messaging programs such as meebo.. just not msn

2. mahonmeister macrumors 6502

First try using a different browser. Try Firefox or Opera.

If that works then you know the issue is specific to Safari (which I assume you are using). Perhaps you have Java or Flash disabled/uninstalled?

3. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Are you on Road Runner or Optimum Online in the NY/NJ/CT area?

On Sunday, Time Warner (NY, NJ RoadRunner) had a major outage lasting almost 24 hours.

On Tuesday evening my sister (in CT using Optimum Online) said that she also had an outage. To fix her situation, I had her unplug both her cable modem and router, wait 30 seconds, then plug in her cable modem. After it resynchronized with the servers, I had her plug in her router (which also resets it). Since then she has had no problems.