Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Nope - I use a USB hub that worked just fine through all the Beta releases of 12.1 - No issues.

Lou

whitby

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2007
Austin, TX
No issues reported. I have an iMac 2020 (Intel i9 based) which is using an 8 port USB hub and it has worked for all versions of Monterey including the latest version 12.1.

However I am now getting random crashes in FaceTime and Zoom after the upgrade to 12.1. Hard crashes. machines stops, goes dark and reboots. Logging issues to see if it continues, meanwhile holding upgrade on all other machines.

Last edited:

Jos.

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2020
The USB functionality of our Dell USB-C monitors paired with M1 MacBook Airs remains very much broken after the 12.1 update.

Occasionally it works, but there is no rhyme or reason to it.

Apple Enterprise Support had nothing useful to say, some users claim they work if they prevent the MacBook from sleeping while plugged in.

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
Sorry to necro this thread but I have one Belkin USB-C hub that has been finicky as hell throughout Monterey, even on current 12.4. I'm not entirely convinced it's not the hub itself but I also don't have a sane way to prove it (e.g. another system to try it with). This hub has a NIC on it that I use for hardwired network and what I find is that after the system wakes from sleep, most of the time that NIC has gone AWOL. I know the entire device isn't AWOL because I also have a USB mouse and an external disk hanging off that hub that appear fine. It's just the NIC. Usually I have to unplug/replug the hub, and sometimes reboot, to get it to "wake up".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.