Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
I don't think SharePlay is on macOS 12 yet. Coming in a future update.
You were right, it wasn't there in macOS 12.0 but it is now in macOS 12.1 beta.
But now, my question is, why when I'm trying to share my screen to someone over FaceTime, they see just a blurred window with "Pause" sign onto it?

Did anyone already tried? What I'm doing wrong?
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 20.32.09.png

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
USA
I use the Calculator in Spotlight very often just to quickly do some math. However in MacOS 12 it has become very slow to actually show the result. I assume Spotlight first scans the db if it matches something and only comes up with the calculation result afterwards. At least my 2019 iMac takes roughly 5 secs to come up with the result below...

Search on iOS 15 shows the result in less than a sec.

View attachment 1883127
Weird. On my end, running 12.0.1 (no beta or developer channels), Spotlight calculates the result without any delays or other webpages/computer items. Literally happens right there.

skiabox

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Larisa, Greece
What a perfect os.
Very light in contradiction with big sur heaviness.
One little thing is missing though in comparison with big sur.
The charging percentage of my magic trackpad 2 when I connect it with my macbook pro.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
What a perfect os.
Very light in contradiction with big sur heaviness.
One little thing is missing though in comparison with big sur.
The charging percentage of my magic trackpad 2 when I connect it with my macbook pro.
you looked in control center (in the menubar)>bluetooth? my magic mouse2 shows up there...

spot4u

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2020
Weird. On my end, running 12.0.1 (no beta or developer channels), Spotlight calculates the result without any delays or other webpages/computer items. Literally happens right there.

I figured that maybe this is because I have 2 external SSD (both via TB/USB 3.1) and also a NAS (AFP 5-Shares). When I openup Spotlight and type something immediately the SSDs show activity and the result of the calculation is never shown before that activity stops.

I assume Spotlight first searches for Indexed Files / Websites prior to show the Calculator Result.

I also tried to exclude those external ressources from Spotlight but it did not improve. Overall my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) is sometimes slowish - especially the Calendar App when moving from week to week it takes a moment to show the content.

On my M1 MBP Monterrey works like a charm.

Last edited:
Reactions: eugenios

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
View attachment 1884057

New Tips icon and notifications. When you press it you get a window that opens similar to a help window, so no app icon in the dock.

Would be interesting to know where this Tips icon is kept in the system to see it full size.
I spent nearly an hour searching for it, I can't find it anywhere burried in the System.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I have an Intel i5 2020 MBA. When watching a video full-screen on youtube or other more such sites, the CPU would usually get hot (over 90°) and the fans would come on.

Since turning on the new option to keep the menubar visible even during full-screen, my CPU temps have dropped around 20° on full-screen video watching! No more fans. I really don't know why it has such a big impact, but I'm not quite as jealous of you M1 owners now.

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
"Show tab overview" used to show web sites open on all devices but I can't find that anymore. Can we still do that or was that feature removed. Hadn't noticed in Monterey that I couldn't find it.

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
"Show tab overview" used to show web sites open on all devices but I can't find that anymore. Can we still do that or was that feature removed. Hadn't noticed in Monterey that I couldn't find it.
It seems to have been retired with Tab Groups which sync with all devices taking its place

Reactions: GlenK

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I noticed a minor UX glitch when using stacks (?) on the desktop. I have only one screenshot on the desktop but when I flip spaces, it shows the stack open icon for a split second on top of the screen shot instead of actually showing the screenshot preview (since it is only one screenshot). it switches back to showing the screen shot preview after a second. super minor but annoying as someone working in online marketing / app development

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 19.49.23.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 19.49.23.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 19.50.24.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 19.50.24.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 89

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I think it is integrated in the new start page now.

Reactions: GlenK

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Definitely a little thing, it's an icon omission. When a Finder notification pops up in the Notification Center, it still uses the older Yosemite-Catalina square Finder icon, not the newer rounded Finder icon introduced in Big Sur. Just found it interesting!

Running 12.0.1 here.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 3.25.38 PM.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.