macOS and Apple's stubbornness in adopting new standards

Discussion in 'macOS' started by d5aqoëp, May 5, 2017.

1. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

Currently I am using Sierra along with Windows.

There are so many things I find lacking in Sierra that it is thoroughly mind boggling. I will list them

• No support for HDMI 2.0
    • No 4K @ 60Hz over HDMI
    • No support for DTS-HDMA or Dolby-ATMOS lossless tracks playback.
    • No support for DTS-HDMA or Dolby-ATMOS bitstreaming to home theater receiver like Denon
    • No H265 support inbuilt. (You need to get a paid app)
    • No support for any other open codecs like ogg, VP9 (Again paid app but those apps are limited)
    Basically, I find macOS Sierra to be very limited in multimedia/HTPC capabilities. Connecting their iMacs or even Hackintoshes to their new 4K HDMI TVs to get 4K @ 60 Hz is currently not possible. We may have to resort to some DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 active adapters to get things done and that too unreliably.

Apple needs to get their act together and include all future technologies like HDMI 2.1, DP 1.3, DP 1.4, newer codecs. I can't believe no one is calling out Apple on this or are we all happy with the way things are? Releasing new iMacs to enable these features would be incredibly shading thing to do.

2. yabba235 macrumors newbie

Is funny, when I post about this on Apple community, my post deleted , because I cross rules of forum ??
    Uncomfortable topic ?

3. yabba235 macrumors newbie

A bit ridiculous, eg imac pro for $ 5000 can not do what cheap box from China (I think about HDaudio bitstream through the hdmi output). Any Apple computer with the name "Pro" can not do that - in 2017! ?
    This applies to everything you wrote in your post