macOS and Pencil input for macs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fokmik, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Will you use the Apple pencil on macOS if Apple make this possible?

1. Yes, ofc !

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. No, for pencil i have ipad pro or other drawing devices

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care, but it is nice to have

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. fokmik macrumors 68000

Since with the introduction of 12" Macbook, apple put a larger footprint trackpads (included the magic trackpad for desktop imac etc) can we expect for Apple to release apple pencil 2 input for macOS? Would you use it ?

2. guzhogi macrumors 68030

guzhogi

Maybe if I could use it onscreen. Trackpad-only, lot lower chance, but maybe. There was a company that modded MacBooks & MacBook Pros, modbook.com, to make them tablet computers with stylus. Unfortunately, they haven't released anything new in years, and haven't even released a retina MacBook Pro mod. They had a Kickstarter a while ago for one, but looks like it's just vaporware. Shame; it would've been cool.

3. leman macrumors 604

Ability to draw diagrams etc. on the mac trackpad using the pencil would be great!

4. fokmik thread starter macrumors 68000

on screen, we all know that means to have touchscreen, so beside fingerprints,we could have little scratches too from the tip..i think on the glass of the trackpad is more safe

5. Carilyn macrumors member

Carilyn

It would be my dream come true actually. I'm so hopeful its in the works!

6. p910115 macrumors member

p910115

hope that come true!!
    than I will sell my old apple pencil to get the new one!
    (if it compatible with iPad pro as well)

7. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Using the pencil on the trackpad would be great, I only carry a mouse for when I need to do very precise movements in photoshop, so the pencil/trackpad combo would be ideal for that.

8. jerryk macrumors 68030

I like using the pencil on my iPad Pro 9.7. It makes taking notes very easy. I also use it to annotate PDFs or slides from a presentation with my notes, or more importantly figures. I often find that things that would have taken me lines of text to describe when typing notes, can be explained better with a simply drawing.

However, after having the iPad Pro, the idea of having to do that drawing in the MacBook trackpad space does not thrill me. Too restrictive and disconnected from the document I am annotating.

But, I would love to have same ability on a more powerful system and a full OS. I am actually thinking about buying a Surface Pro 5 if it is decent.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 24, 2017 ---
    You do not hear about people scratching their iPad Pros with their pencil's. My 9.7 iPad Pro's screen is pristine.