Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HyperxFury

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2023
Hi all,

I am completely out of ideas. I cannot for the life of me figure out what Dolby Vision profiles are supported on my 14" MacBook Pro. Profile 5 works but only after I have put it through Subler. But when trying to stream it over Chrome (or Safari for that matter) it won't work.

But the biggest problem is Profile 8 (dvhe.08.06 specifically). Since this also has HDR10 I have absolutely no clue at all if it's playing back Dolby Vision or HDR10. How does Apple not provide an easy way to check? TV's give a small pop-up, that's all I need.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
"Video formats that are available in the Apple TV app
Icons that appear on a movie's product page show the highest quality format that the Apple TV app offers. When you buy or rent a movie in the Apple TV app, it automatically plays in the best quality format available for the device that you're using."
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207949
"To check the video quality, tap or click a movie in your library. Look at the top of the page for
4K icon
HDR icon
Dolby Vision icon
, or
Dolby Atmos badge
."

HyperxFury

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2023
"Video formats that are available in the Apple TV app
Icons that appear on a movie's product page show the highest quality format that the Apple TV app offers. When you buy or rent a movie in the Apple TV app, it automatically plays in the best quality format available for the device that you're using."
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207949
"To check the video quality, tap or click a movie in your library. Look at the top of the page for
4K icon
HDR icon
Dolby Vision icon
, or
Dolby Atmos badge
."
I am aware of what Apple Support says, but I also watch content, not in Apple TV which doesn't have little indicator

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.