macOS High Sierra Developer Beta 4

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by kingcodfish, Jul 22, 2017.

1. kingcodfish macrumors newbie

Build 17A315h releases on Monday, July 24th. Have fun, everyone.

2. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

hmm...
    Why would it matter "how"? The 'fish knows --- always trust the 'fish!
    and, the OP is a brand new poster, and wishes that everyone have fun.
    Must be real, right?

4. kingcodfish thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I recommend that you do not listen to this post, since you have no reason to believe me. Instead, on Monday, you can remember this thread and my post for future reference.

5. blackdogaudio macrumors regular

blackdogaudio

Welcome King and thanks...a new PB won't be far behind then.

6. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

Ah, the immortal quest of man for recognition and posterity.

7. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Hmm... Your words, not mine. I don't know where you got the idea that I don't believe you --- maybe, as you say, I wan't "listening"
    So, I believe you. But then it's just time for next beta to be released. No great surprise there... (and, lots of folks come here with (special) information - 'tis a rumors site, isn't it?)
    We all like a good rumor. Look at all the traffic on the areas covering all the rumors of the new 'phones.

8. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Guy predicts beta update on the day everyone expects the beta update. What an accomplishment.

9. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

Wait till the beta is out, and if he has gotten the build number right. We shall never hear the end of it, how he was the first one to break the news.

10. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

Can't a build number be counted by days? so, if it comes out on Tuesday, it will be one number higher?

11. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

I do not think it is this simple at this scale.

12. robert1998 macrumors 6502

robert1998

It is very easy to predict if you question me...
    iOS and macOS betas usually come in the same day, so this website is useful for both of them : http://www.thinkybits.com/blog/iOS-versions/

As you can see : iOS 9 beta 3 took 13 days
    iOS 10 beta 3 took 14 days

Now if you do the math using iOS 11 beta 3 : Beta 3 released on July 10th => 10 + 14 = 24th July (Monday)

13. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 601

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Everyone wants to be a prophet. Just look at all the wannabe gurus in investment markets. 5% success rate across the board.

14. LarryJoe33 macrumors 65816

LarryJoe33

Isn't the cycle ever other Monday for dev and every other Wednesday for public?

15. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I don't mean to imply a specific release date, just that I thoguht Build 17A315h was 315 days into development...and if that day is tomorrow, then the next day would be 316? I know in the past, the public beta would be released two days later an would have the number 2 higher than the dev beta......who knows..its all speculation anyway, I just take them as they come.

16. Ron Fisk macrumors newbie

Ron Fisk

17. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Don't think so, the latest beta was 17A306f, he says this one is 315h, that's 9 days in between, it's longer than that, could be working days though.
    It definitely is not as easy as just counting the days/days since start of development.

18. Jayderek macrumors 6502

Jayderek

...and if the build number is different tomorrow, this poster will claim some last minute changes in development. This 'prediction' isn't worth a thing. Not difficult to know the next beta is tomorrow.

19. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

[/QUOTE]

It looks like you didn't put a response? Hmmm.......weird I can't seem to quote Ron Fisks blank response..

I like your town, Goleta....I like to stop at Nikka Fish Market for lunch or dinner when I am in town or just passing through.

20. kingcodfish thread starter macrumors newbie

No I won't. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, and clearly shouldn't be listened to since that means I'm unreliable and don't actually have any insider information.

21. Ron Fisk macrumors newbie

Ron Fisk

I don't care what the build number is! Just fix First Aid and get on with it...

22. kingcodfish thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately that's not happening in this beta. Not many changes to Disk Utility. The build number for it is about 2 higher but still no resizing APFS partitions and First Aid is same as before.

23. Ron Fisk, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017

Ron Fisk macrumors newbie

Ron Fisk

It looks like you didn't put a response? Hmmm.......weird I can't seem to quote Ron Fisks blank response..

I like your town, Goleta....I like to stop at Nikka Fish Market for lunch or dinner when I am in town or just passing through.[/QUOTE]

mikecwest,
    There was no response! posted an empty reply. Still trying to figure this forum out. Sorry about that. I have Age Related Attention Deficit Disorder...

BTW never tried Nikka's. Will give it a go!

24. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Hey craig, you're joking right.;)

25. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

mikecwest,
    There was no response! posted an empty reply. Still trying to figure this forum out. Sorry about that. I have Age Related Attention Deficit Disorder...

BTW never tried Nikka's. Will give it a go![/QUOTE]

Also, I don't know if you jailbreak your phone or not, but The Godfather of Cydia is in your town.