Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
So I am running 10.12 on a new computer and I did copy some files I want from my older computer. What surprised me is that when I went into preferences->Sharing->Internet Sharing and in the drop down list for
"Share your connection from:"

It lists the name of my 10 year old Sony Ericsson phone!!
I have not used this phone in like 7 years, and I never remember even plugging it in this computer via USB. There is only a slight chance I did to charge it but I never installed or run any software or swapped files from it.

Can any one explain this? How can I edit the drop down list to delete anything that has to do with my SonyEricsson?

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
If you ever connected it via bluetooth, perhaps it set up the phone as a network connection. Which was then transferred over when you moved your account to the new mac.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
How did you transfer your files? It is very possible that the network and/or Bluetooth settings got transferred as well.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
If you ever connected it via bluetooth, perhaps it set up the phone as a network connection. Which was then transferred over when you moved your account to the new mac.

How did you transfer your files? It is very possible that the network and/or Bluetooth settings got transferred as well.

I only moved few media folders nothing on system level or apps. This is a newly setup computer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.