Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CLS7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
Malmoe, Sweden
When I started up my imac this morning I saw that my desktop wallpaper was changed to Apple original wallpaper, is this normal?

Feyl

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2013
It happens to me sometimes in Big Sur too. Don't know what's the issue or how to fix it. It's probably on Apple to fix this bug.

primarycolors

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
CA
Were you using a built-in wallpaper, or was it a custom one?

I've found that MacOS very stupidly doesn't actually copy the file if you supply your own photo (it just links to it), so if you move the file you were using it resets.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
where is the image located? try moving (or copying that image) to your pictures folder, and making sure it's visible IN the options in "desktop and screensaver", or simply add the folder the picture is in to the list in that system pref...

CLS7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
Malmoe, Sweden
where is the image located? try moving (or copying that image) to your pictures folder, and making sure it's visible IN the options in "desktop and screensaver", or simply add the folder the picture is in to the list in that system pref...
The images is placed in a costume folder and the screen saver has worked for years. I tried to copy some image to the picture folder, but it didn't work either, no picture found it says. It must be a bug, I will wait until next beta version and hope it will work then.

UgoDream

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2009
Maybe it's because there is a new dynamic wallpaper in the beta9. it's now dynamic throughout the day instead of just light and dark. Is there anyway to extract the new wallpaper from the beta9 and share it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.