MacOS program for video screen capture?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sakusha, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Sakusha macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, quick question here. I want to post gameplay videos as well as how-to videos on YouTube, so with that being said I was wondering if there are any SAFE 'video' screen capture programs for Mac that can maybe record in HD? or maybe that is available in the App Store?? … If you don't know what I'm talking about here's an example, a program similar to Hypercam I'm sure everyone knows what that is. And no, I don't want to use hyper cam, I'm pretty sure it's just for Windows anyway. Thanks!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

My guess is that any software capture programs would slow the video down to a crawl. External HDMI video capture boxes would probably work (on a separate capture machine).

3. Sakusha thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, any idea where I can pick these up?

4. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Just checked : open quicktime player, select New Screen Recording and click to start.

Ive just done a 5min vid this way of a quick Left4Dead session in 1080p and came out pretty good.

Worth a first look as its already on your mac and might be good enough for what you want.

When you exit the game (or switch to desktop) - click the icon in the menubar to stop recording then you can review it and save as you choose.

5. Sakusha, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013

Sakusha thread starter macrumors newbie

[/COLOR]
    wow thanks! this is exactly what I was looking for.

6. sliceoftoast macrumors 6502

sliceoftoast

If your interested Screen Flow will do it as well. Link