MacOS release notes - where?

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
Blimey; according to that they've done nothing about the problems a lot of us are experiencing. Unless that's just a 'marketing fluffy version' so they don't have to admit to a shed-load of bugs.
Historically macOS release notes don't include long lists of small fixed bugs – that landscape is vast, but I recall the occasional mentions of more serious and widespread ones. (Since I've found Catalina the buggiest major macOS version since OS X first launched, I feel you. I think it's largely calmed down before this version, thankfully.)

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Historically macOS release notes don't include long lists of small fixed bugs – that landscape is vast, but I recall the occasional mentions of more serious and widespread ones. (Since I've found Catalina the buggiest major macOS version since OS X first launched, I feel you. I think it's largely calmed down before this version, thankfully.)
I remember in the Leopard days when Apple used to list each application that was updated, with a bullet list of updates for said individual application. Here's an example. I think starting with Snow Leopard, Apple simplified (ie, dumbed down) their release notes.

Miss those days.

Reactions: Starfia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.