macOS Sierra Golden Master Beta: Two Big Thumbs Up from a 5k iMac User

Discussion in 'macOS' started by james126, Sep 10, 2016.

1. james126 macrumors member

james126

About 1-2 months after its launch in 2014 I decided to purchase a 5k iMac with specifications: i7 4.0 Ghz, 1 Tb fusion (128 GB solid state included at that time), m290x 2GB, and 24 GB of ram.

The user interface, and overall zippiness of the system dragged my molasses in Yosemite, and only slightly improved in El Capitan. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed with the system... until today.

This morning I installed the macOS Sierra Golden Master, and it's a night and day performance difference. There isn't any noticeable lag in the user interface, and finder tabs populate almost instantly. Chrome and Safari tabs populate noticeably faster.

While it would have been nice to see this level of performance on day #1, I now feel like my purchase of the 5k iMac is less of a waste than I did before. Highly recommend you install macOS Sierra.

2. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Very good to read that you're having a much better experience now than previously.

I'll agree with you, I have Sierra installed on several Macs and I'm impressed with the overall performance across each of the machines.