Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacPeasant123

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2018
I also find this update to be highly unusual. I Googled it and found very little, only other users who report seeing this update. I haven't found anything official from Apple even mentioning this update's existence, so I am very skeptical of this update.

Until I see something from Apple's website, I think I'll pass on this update

bogdanw

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
It’s an update meant to fix problems for older iOS devices and to ensure compatibility with newer iOS devices. It will not show up on Apple’s website, none of these updates are. These files are updated in the process

CoreTypes.jpg

MobileDeviceSU2.jpg

MacPeasant123

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2018
After seeing bogdanw's second post, I decided to try it out. I did my usual Time Machine backup and then did the update, and things are ok so far. The update didn't change my Mojave version number, as it still says:

macOS 10.14.6 (18G4032)

RobFog

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2012
"This update resolves an issue with launching certain 32-bit apps." does not mention iOS apps. Odd…

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
Some frameworks were 64bit only and broke some 32bit apps. This update restore the 32bit part of those frameworks.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
It’s an update meant to fix problems for older iOS devices and to ensure compatibility with newer iOS devices. It will not show up on Apple’s website, none of these updates are. These files are updated in the process

View attachment 917939
View attachment 917940

You can get them and install manually from

and

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
This update fixed two big issues I had after the recent iTunes "helper" update that allows my iMac running Sierra to detect my iPhone which now runs iOS 14:

• Felt Tip Software's Sound Studio, a legacy 32-bit app I got from MacHeist a long time ago, refused to load afterward, with a "wrong architecture" error.
  • Several of the plugins I have installed in Bitwig, my DAW app, also failed to initialize; this included Ozone 8 Elements from iZotope.

I was just getting ready to throw in the towel and rebuild from Time Machine, but this obviated the need.

Edited to add: Please pardon the thread necro, but I felt the above may be useful for other musicians who are still using older macOS versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.