MacOS X type question! PLEASE HELP!

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2001
1,070
0
BKLN
Hello all.

I am putting together a form for clients to fill in with their advertising details, and asking them to supply their info on a removable media.

I'm fine on the media, and image files, but can anyone please tell me the complete list of supported font types in MacOS X 10.2.

Thanks people - glad I have such a well informed group of people to turn to for Mac help!!
 

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
8,089
4
Sol III - Terra
Re: MacOS X type question! PLEASE HELP!

Originally posted by gotohamish
I'm fine on the media, and image files, but can anyone please tell me the complete list of supported font types in MacOS X 10.2.
When you say Font Types do you mean like postscript and truetype? Or do you mean the actual fonts/font names?

If it's the later, You could look at the Adobe Type colelcitons for some of the usable fonts. There are many places to get fonts for the Mac, it all depends on which ones you buy or get with software.

This is a very big list. I suggest maybe you have a list of the most commonly used fonts and then have a fill in box for other.
 
Comment

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2001
1,070
0
BKLN
Re: Re: MacOS X type question! PLEASE HELP!

Originally posted by Bear


When you say Font Types do you mean like postscript and truetype?
Yeah! God forbid if anybody posted every typeface that works!

Thanks for the reply, I look forward to your followup. :D
 
Comment

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
8,089
4
Sol III - Terra
Font Types: Bitmap, TrueType, and Postscript.

Fonts/Font Families: hundreds to thousands.

If you are offering a service, you need to determine which fonts you are going to buy and offer for that service.

Even if someone generated a list of fonts for you, it wouldn't necessarily tell you where to get any particular font.

For a reasonable fee, I'm sure someone could help you round up information on all the available fonts for OS X.

In my normal technical work, I get billed out for $250 an hour. You have a business, be prepared to pay for services.
 
Comment

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2001
1,070
0
BKLN
Originally posted by Bear
Font Types: Bitmap, TrueType, and Postscript.

Fonts/Font Families: hundreds to thousands.

If you are offering a service, you need to determine which fonts you are going to buy and offer for that service.

Even if someone generated a list of fonts for you, it wouldn't necessarily tell you where to get any particular font.

For a reasonable fee, I'm sure someone could help you round up information on all the available fonts for OS X.

In my normal technical work, I get billed out for $250 an hour. You have a business, be prepared to pay for services.
It was simply so I could specify which type of fonts clients could send with their logos - I've not interest in a full list of families. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.