Macosx 10.6 theme help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by minefield, Nov 23, 2011.

1. minefield macrumors newbie

hi , i hope this is in the correct section.

im wanting to know the location of the graphics for the installed themes,graphite etc as i know someone with really poor eye sight and im wanting to create a theme around his disability just like i have with his blackberry etc. i have tried themepark but im wanting to backup the orig files before changing everything as what i have done in theme park already as effected the graphite theme ..

sorry about the noobishness lol ..

any help would be much appreciated thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you already looked at System Preferences > Universal Access? It does not have "theme" control but can help people with poor eyesight? Does that friend of yours have any glasses or other methods of correcting poor eyesight?

3. minefield thread starter macrumors newbie

yes this is what hes using at the minute but he is having to use reverse contrast etc which effects everything including photos/images which is a problem.

----------

yes he uses glasses etc but his eye sight is deteriorating and i have managed to edit his blackberry by theme and posted onto blackberrys website and is used by alot now as my download count is pretty high and was thanked by many so i would like to do the same with the mac.

if possible ..

also is there a way of changing font colour used by the system and maybe font style?

thanks again

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I took a look at universal access and there are some pretty good options there. You can increase/reduce contrast. You can zoom. I don't see a way to change system fonts but I found the zoom feature to be quite handy with my logitech mouse which has a scroll wheel. I also took a look at the "secrets" pref pane to see if it allowed changing the system font and didn't find anything. There is probably a way to do it from Terminal but I wouldn't bother with it as it would probably require a trip to terminal to put it back again.

----------

I took a look at universal access and there are some pretty good options there. You can increase/reduce contrast. You can zoom. I don't see a way to change system fonts but I found the zoom feature to be quite handy with my logitech mouse which has a scroll wheel. I also took a look at the "secrets" pref pane to see if it allowed changing the system font and didn't find anything. There is probably a way to do it from Terminal but I wouldn't bother with it as it would probably require a trip to terminal to put it back again. I did find an app called tinkertool that lets you change the system font and size.