MacOSX/Windows Boot Up Selection Screen?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Phtosynthesis, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Phtosynthesis macrumors member

Ok, so at my university, now, all of the Macs have Snow Leopard installed. One thing I noticed that wasn't there before was a selection screen on after booting up. They use Boot Camp, but for me, I've always had to hold Option after boot up to choose my Windows partition. My school has it real nice, after starting up it lets you click on a picture of either Mac OS X or Windows. Does anyone know if that's something native with Snow Leopard? I haven't gotten around to installing my upgrade, so I'm not sure, but I would really love that startup screen instead of having to hold down Option. Thanks.

2. Phtosynthesis thread starter macrumors member

Lol, no. It's gotta be customized though since I believe it has text about my school. Basically, its two images side by side. One's an image of the Mac desktop, the other, a Windows desktop. You just click on whatever one you want to boot up in. It's really clean and simple, nothing like that picture you posted. I guess if I figure out how to do it I'd like to know how to customize it as well.