MacPro "11 Logic board issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gregor1988, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Gregor1988, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015

Gregor1988 macrumors newbie

Dear folks,

Recently i experienced some complicated issues with my Macbook pro 13" late "11.

Problems started with a complete dead laptop. Not willing to start-up. Performed the official advised steps to check what kind of problem it could be. Nothing worked, complete dead laptop.

However, after several days i tried again and the laptop gave a different respons when starting up. Instead of staying completly dead it gave me a 3-beep sound at start-up which indicates RAM issues if im correct. I swapped the RAM's and tried them one by one. Eventually even tried identical ones from another mac pro but problem stayed the same.

To make things more complicated a few days later when trying to reboot the laptop it worked fine for half a day untill the problem returned. At this moment 50% of the time it is not booting and giving me the 3-beep sound on a black screen. Th other 50% of th time it gives me a start up chime and it looks to working fine for some minutes! Varying after 10sec. - 2min. it will show strange patterns in the screen and eventually it will reboot.

I start to worry it might be a faulty logic board?
    Advise please!

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

If you have a dGPU the it could be the graphics card failing. Apple has an extended repair program:
    https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/
    The repair will require Apple to replace the logic board. Contact an Apple store to schedule testing if you have a dGPU.

3. Gregor1988 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

Now that your edit added in 13" it is obvious that my first post (#2) doesn't apply. Nevermind.

5. Gregor1988 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea figuered that out.. Thanks anyway.