Macpro 2,93 does'nt restart after putting SMB on in sharing

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by AswinVe, Aug 13, 2009.

1. AswinVe macrumors newbie

I have a macpro 2.93 8-core for 1 month. Today I put the SMB on in filesharing. After a while I restart the computer and it is not possible anymore to get it restarted. The computer hangs in the grey screen with the apple logo. I tried to startup from the install disc but he does'nt do anything. Also restarting with the c-key does'nt work. restarting with the option key does'nt work, restarting with option, shift, delete, control does'nt work! I took the power of, pressing the videocard, the memory and the blackmagic card, but it doesn't restart! This is the second time in a month that it happends. The first time I also put the SMB sharing on and the computer also hang, but it was possible to restart from CD and did a entire re-install. After that i had no problem until today that i put the SMB sharing on again....I am desperate. What can i do? Is there somebody with a solution?

2. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

I cannot help with your specific question but my advise is to get the Apple service manual for your MP. It isn't easy as officially they are only issued to AASP's. The earlier models used to have a LED diagnostic facilty with a push button and a row of LEDs under the RAM cage. That helped with finding out what was bugging the logic board. Perhaps you take it from there.

3. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

And you also reset PRAM at boot?

Just wondering, you didn't say. Gugucom probably has the right idea.

4. AswinVe thread starter macrumors newbie

5. AswinVe thread starter macrumors newbie

6. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Ouf os curiosity, what happens if you disable SMB? Does your machine return to nomal operations or does it continue to crash, hang?