MACPRO 2008 + HP LP3065 = Problems or Incompatibility

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by mastersoft, Apr 17, 2009.

1. mastersoft macrumors member

Hi ,

i have MACPRO 2008 (2.8 Ghz, ATI 2600XT, 8 GB RAM ) and i have BIG BIG problems with HP LP3065 monitor.

I start the MACPRO and the monitor and i dont see nothing..the monitor is in STANDBY.I try to boot in windows pressing ALT key...same problem.
    If i start first the MACPRO and ather 20 minutes i start the monitor ALL is OK.. but after 20-30min the monitor is BLANK SCREEN for 2 sec then is OK..after 1 minute same problem...BLANK SCREEN ..NORMAL...and after this it goes in STANDBY MODE and is dead.

THIS IS THE SECOND Hp lp3065 MONITOR who have the same problem ...NO VIDEO SIGNAL

is a problem or is a incompatibility between MACPRO and HP LP3065 ?? OR the monitor is BAD .

THX

2. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

You probably have a defective monitor.

Before you actually go to that conclusion (note the probably), test it again with a different DVI cable. If the problem persists, try it on a different computer. Then, FOR SURE, it is the monitor that is the problem. And if you do not have another computer, at least try it with VGA :)

3. mastersoft thread starter macrumors member

4. windels macrumors regular

windels

havent you got another computer lying around you can try it on?

5. sboerup macrumors 6502

Make sure you are using a DUAL LINK DVI cable.

6. thagomizer macrumors 6502

I have nearly the same setup as you, except that I also have an 8800GT.

What I found is that my DVI cable (the one that came with the monitor) had to be screwed into the video card VERY tightly in order to get a picture. (But this was on my 8800GT). It could be that your connection fails after the card has had some time to warm up.

Make sure your video card is also seated tightly into the PCIe slot.

I assume you have tried another monitor with the same DVI cable and it works ok? I think you also said you tried all the DVI inputs on the monitor.

If it has happened with two monitors in a row, yeah, maybe a bad batch of monitors... but I would first suspect the video card or maybe even the PCIe slot. You could try moving the card to a different slot.

7. mastersoft thread starter macrumors member

1. i use both DUAL DVI cable from HP monitor --> NO SIGNAL
    2. i move the video card in to another PCI e SLOT --> same problem
    3 i use the video card and in to another PC -- > works PERFECT
    4. the monitor have only 3 DVI input so i cant use VGA cable
    5. i connect the MACBOOK PRO at the HP LP3065 .. he detect the monitor, i see on macbook pro 2 displays but DOSENT start the monitor , IT SHOW blank screen...no video signal
    6. i test the monitor on a PC with 9600gt video card...same problem -- blank screen..STAND BY mode :( --

thx.

8. thagomizer macrumors 6502

9. mastersoft thread starter macrumors member

this is the SECOND HP LP3065 with this problem in 1 month ..... I HATE HP

10. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

11. mastersoft thread starter macrumors member

????????????????????

12. mastersoft thread starter macrumors member

monitor was changed in service with a NEW one... i start , all OK ... but from the first start 1 DEAD PIXEL :mad::mad::mad::mad:

13. ranger0900 macrumors newbie

Hi,

sorry to bump this, but I was curious did you in fact get the ATI 4870 and HP LP3065 to work together?

Thanks