Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinguTS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
Hi,

I'm searching for a solution for some days to get the above mentioned configuration running.

I have a MacPro 3.1 with Mojave running for some time. I have the NVIDIA GTX 285 running in this setup. I used the Mojave Patcher from Dosdude1. I enabled also the Legacy Video Card option.

As I wanted to add new monitors with higher resolution I bought a used NVIDIA Quadro K5000 (non Mac).
It works when I start the MacOS X Restore but I don't get it working in the Mojave install.

The K5000 is currently installed in SLOT2 and I installed in SLOT1 the original ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, because I cannot have both NVIDIA currently, because of the Power cables/requirements. I need to find a solution for that as well. But that's a different story.

In the screen shot it can be seen, that the K5000 is recognized and identified but it says that no monitor is connected. Mac_Pro.png

Any idea, what I need to do to activate the K5000?
As I said the 10.14.4 Recovery is activating the K5000 but not the Runing OS.

Thilo

PS: I try to flash the NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac but I still struggeling to get a FreeDOS/Windows running on that MacPro from a USB Stick. But that's a different story as well.

Last edited:

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
As a Kepler card you need to disable legacy graphics patch by installing mojave again over the existing installation.

Then re patch without legacy graphics checked.

For Dos try booting some Windows natively from a internal drive or the freedos CD

PinguTS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
As a Kepler card you need to disable legacy graphics patch by installing mojave again over the existing installation.

Then re patch without legacy graphics checked.

For Dos try booting some Windows natively from a internal drive or the freedos CD
In Germany we say: "Sometimes you can't see the forrest because of all the trees." i don't know what the UK or US saying fo this is.

Actually, it worked by just re-installing Mac OS Mojave. Everything works as expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.