MacPro 8 ordered

drmacjazz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
toronto, canada
Group:

I've been lurking for a number of months. I've needed a Mac Pro for the past half year, but kept waiting. I finally got to the point where I couldn't wait any longer so I pulled the trigger.

Mac Pro 8 core refurb
5 GB ram
4x500 GB hard drives
30" ACD

I saved a lot of money ordering the refurb. I'll keep my G5 dual2.0 as a secondary computer.

I have a question re: backing up. I plan on keeping system and apps on the 250 GB drive that comes with the box. 3 internal 500 GB 1 external. I would like to keep video files on one 500 GB and all my other files on another 500 GB. These leaves the remaining two 500 GB drives for backup. Does SuperDuper allow me to schedule backing up two different drives?

cheers

Aea

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Very nice PC, considering how Apple is dragging out the updates, if I had the spare cash I would order right now as well. As for your question, I have no idea :)

jasonvp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
Northern VA
I've been lurking for a number of months. I've needed a Mac Pro for the past half year, but kept waiting. I finally got to the point where I couldn't wait any longer so I pulled the trigger.
I'm curious: when and where did you buy this? Unless I'm looking at the wrong page, Apple's refurb site hasn't had any 8-core Macs available for over a month. Did you buy it elsewhere?

Thanks.

jas

drmacjazz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
toronto, canada
I got it from the Canadian Apple site. You have to check everyday. I recently saw one 8 core appear in the refurb section and it was gone in 4 hrs.

They're approx $900 cheaper as a refurb!

Unfortunately they didn't have any 30" ACD refurbed in Canada.

cheers

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
congrats on the purchase :)

as far as backing up, wouldn't you want to backup to something outside of the computer? like an external drive or another computer/server? that's a lot safer than just another hard drive in the same computer. (or so they say)

liquid stereo

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2005
Saint Paul
I believe SuperDuper does. The source and destination can be anything. It may not do it in one script but two schedules is not a problem.

Cheers!

Group:

Mac Pro 8 core refurb
5 GB ram
4x500 GB hard drives
30" ACD

I saved a lot of money ordering the refurb. I'll keep my G5 dual2.0 as a secondary computer.

I have a question re: backing up. I plan on keeping system and apps on the 250 GB drive that comes with the box. 3 internal 500 GB 1 external. I would like to keep video files on one 500 GB and all my other files on another 500 GB. These leaves the remaining two 500 GB drives for backup. Does SuperDuper allow me to schedule backing up two different drives?

cheers