Macpro and Leopard update problems? The list.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Macinposh, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Macinposh macrumors 6502a

Ok. Trying to compell some list that would list some issues/incompabilities with MacPro and leopard.
    AND some pro apps and leopard.

So,people who have experienced some mishaps with Logic,FCP,CS3 and other pro aps,speak out!
    There is a lot of paranoid pro-users around (including me..) and there is bound to be problems. So it might be a good idea to get a "known issues" list up and running.

So,rumored issues : Correct me when I´m talking smack.

1.Software raid incompabilities

Apparently tigers 3.6.4 is not working well with leopards 3.6.5. Some raid formats are not recongized (as bootable?) and installation is not possible. Update is promised in few weeks.

2.CS3 issues?

Overheard conversation where CS3 illustrator and photoshop has failed to launch after update.Dont know more about that.

3.Anything else?

2. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

This list is going on the Wiki. Perhaps that could be expanded to include system as well as application issues?

3. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

CS3 Creative Suite apps work fine here.

Only glitch so far was in Parallels. I had to reinstall it to get things working - but now it is real "snappy".

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Aperture users are advised to get the latest (1.5.6) update for Aperture before running it under Leopard - see here. I did this and have had no problems at all with Aperture.

5. damado macrumors 6502

I have windows Vista on a separate physical hard drive. I had it in the startup disk list with Tiger, but it doesn't show up anymore under leopard.

The only way to switch to windows now is to reboot and hold the alt key.

I do see the windows vista drive on my desktop, just not as an option to reboot to in the startup disk utility.

Is this currently fixable?