MacPro not sleeping

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by JesterJJZ, Nov 16, 2013.

1. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

So recently my 2012 MP doesn't seem to want to sleep. The displays will go dark but the tower remains on. Tapping a key just wakes the monitors.

What gives?

Currently on 10.8.5

2. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Check if internet connection sharing is enabled if so disable it.

Repair the disk permissions and a pram reset.

There's more but gotta go...

3. Gochugogi macrumors regular

Gochugogi

My MacPro suddenly developed a similar problem. No new apps, OS updates or hardware. So after wasting a lot of time I checked activity monitor and saw that a USB device was active. Apparently my keyboard developed a fault and prevented sleep. Swapped out the keyboard and all was well.

4. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Same problem here ... I can manually initiate sleep, but it no longer enters sleep mode after the designated time period. Network wake is disabled. I am not sure if this is something that appeared after the OS X 10.9 Mavericks update?

It may be related to having my RAID-5 external drive connected via USB 3.0 rather than Firewire 800 as I previously had done. I need to do some more testing on this...

-howard

5. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

I figured it out. Had to do with other Macs being on and shared on my network. Seems like I need to disconnect other computers before sleeping. I don't remember needing to do that before.